Monday 22 January 2018

Metacognition

Metacognition - the biggest and most important grade 3 word.  Ever.
Your student may be checking with you at supper tonight to see what you know about metacognition. They know that it means to think about your thinking.  While I read 'Ruby Bridges' today we kept track of how many times I was thinking about the story and how many times I was reading the words of the story.  We found that I did way more thinking then reading.  Which is the way it should be!!
Everyone wrote about what they had been thinking about Miss Ruby using sentence starters such as:

  • I noticed...
  • I'm thinking...
  • This reminds me of...
  • I'm wondering...
  • I'm feeling...
Services are important to a community and today we brainstormed and wrote about what we felt to be our most important services.  Tomorrow, we will look at the 4 countries we are learning about and the services they receive in their community.

Student Led Conferences Thursday January 25
System Wide PD day Friday January 26

No comments:

Post a Comment