Monday 29 January 2018

I can add details to make my setting, characters and events interesting.

I can add details to make my setting, characters and events interesting is the student outcome we began working on today.  With this in mind we began writing a story in the style of David Shannon.  David Shannon writes some of our favorite books, 'No, David', 'David Gets in Trouble'.  After reading 'Duck on a Bike' we began making a plan for our own story, the characters (animals) setting and their transportation.  Since we are working on detail we will be adding adjectives and adverbs to our work along with dialogue.  Can't wait to read the end result.

Math test tomorrow on the different methods to add and subtract larger numbers.  So, breaking apart addends, number lines, algorithms, adding tens to tens and ones to ones, building numbers with blocks.  Showing me flexability with numbers.  Then we will turn our attention to multiplication and division.


No comments:

Post a Comment