Thursday 11 January 2018

Cold Weather Inventory

I have more mitts, gloves, hats, snow pants and scarves in my coat room then children in my classroom!!  Inventory your child tonight and see what you are missing.  If this cold snap continues they will run out of things to put on at home.

Math homework tonight can come back to school on Monday.  Students are showing me various ways to add larger numbers.  They are decomposing, using number lines, and breaking apart addends.  Get them to explain to you what they are doing - see if they make a good teacher.

We experimented with pitch and frequency today.  We found out that without vibration there cannot be any sound.  I introduced the idea of a musical instrument project for the end of the month.  We will talk more about that in the classroom and instructions will be sent home later.

Please make sure you have sent me your brown report card envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment